cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple channels switch scanning DMM

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am using DMM (NI PXI  4071) and switch (NI TB 2627). I want to do the measurement by scanning one channel then start to measure, after that go to another channel and start to measure again (so called syncronous).

But, I have problem in my code to display the output of each channel. I just can show the output of channel 0 only.

Here I attach my code. Instead of displaying the output of the channels, actually it only can show the output of channel 0 according to how many samples that I want. That's why I try so hard to show output of others channels.

anyone can help?

Thank you for your help.=)

Sorry my code is very messy.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,080 Views)

You've not put your DMM and Switch task in a loop.

How can it going to scan through each channel? 

There are couple of examples performing this task.

You should try modifying from them, http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/catnav:ex/q/dmm%20scan%20swi....

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,061 Views)

Thanks for the response.=)

Yeah... that's my bad.. I just notice that mistake.

But actually I have change the code to become like this. (see attachment)

I'm pretty sure that if I can handle the error, then I can see the output of each channels based on the physical channel that I want.

But now, I cant figure out the error. Because it keeps saying that it's channel based task only though I already follow the example how to use daqmx create channel and daqmx read.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,052 Views)

Just use http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/1490

No need to write a new one.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,035 Views)

thank you KateB for the suggestion.=)

That really helps a lot.

I just realise that by using DAQMX, it will ask for analog input, however my switch 2627 (32x1 multiplexer) input is in form of matrix. Am I right?

If I use NI-switch from your example. Then how to display the output of each channels for the multiplexer? Is there any function or subvi that can help?

Btw, I use labview 8.5.

thank you for your time^^

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,029 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author andr171
Try modifying your code as shown in attached file.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,018 Views)

ouw... it works... great! 😃

thanks kateB for the help. ^^

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,990 Views)