LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple arrays which are scrolled with one scroll bar

You cannot strictly limit the number of items allowed in a listbox (at least that I know of), however there are workarounds.  If you are inserting items into the listbox programmatically, then obviously you can limit the number of items written to it.  If the user is entering items, then after your maximum limit, set the "allow editing cells" property to false, and optionally display some message saying "only x number of items allowed at once".

You can access any element by setting it as the active row (property->active row), then following declaring it as the active row, you are able to change/read the value, and do whatever you like to that row.

Also, you may want to use the "edit row" property to check which row is currently active, depending on how you're planning on programming this/what your needs are.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(457 Views)

Now I have a solution which fulfils my requirements. I came to this solution when I added the file size function to how the listbox grows. In the attached word document you can see the logic diagram (because you cannot view LabVIEW 8.0 vis.

Thank you for the hints.  

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(435 Views)