LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple arrays which are scrolled with one scroll bar

Hello,

I want to display the temperature of different measurement points of a climat controlling tackle. The temperatures are acquired via a serial link and displayed (using a thermometer). To see the history of each measurement point I list the temperatures of every measurement point in a listbox (so I have n listboxes, one for every measurement point). Now I would like to have one scroll bar with which I can scroll through the hisory of all measurement points in parallel.

My first approach was a scrollbar wihich affects the TopRow of all listboxes. But the result was unsatisfacting, because scrolling shows strange results.

Has anybody a hint how to solve this task?

Thanks in advance.

webu007
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,014 Views)
Why don't you use a multi-column listbox (with n columns) instead of n single listboxes?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,016 Views)
In case you need to have them separate (otherwise I would recommend ahlers01's suggestion), here's something you could use.  Obviously some front panel improvements should be made, but here's the basics.  You mentioned using "Top Row" already...  Is this any different from what you've got?  If not, what kind of behaviour are you looking for?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,006 Views)

Because I have n thermometers which are distributed over the frontpanel, and the listbox must be beside the thermometer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,002 Views)
So was the vi I posted a sufficient solution, or are you still looking?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,002 Views)

Sorry for the late reply,

I  had not yet the chance to test it. I will do it later today and tell you the result.

Thank's and best regards

webu007

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,993 Views)

Hello,

I expanded your vi, so that it generates data which are listed in the listbox. If you run the vi you can see, how the current values walk through the listbox and from some point you cannot scroll so that you see the latest values (see the attached vi)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,978 Views)
I cannot look at your vi since I'm only using 7.1, but the only thing I can think that it might be is the range of the scrollbar.

What I posted was the bare minimum...  When I normally do that (make a custom scroll bar), I invert it so the behaviour is the same as a normal scroll bar, and edit it to make it look better etc.

If you know the range beforehand, then use that, but if you don't know the max number of entries, I *think* you can set it dynamically, but I'm not sure.  If not, just create it with a range larger than the max you think you could expect, then once you know in the program, do not allow scrolling past the number of items in the listbox (to prevent the user from having to scroll through whitespace).
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,976 Views)

Of course I will limit the size and do some tests with inverting the scrollbar. Thank's for the hint.

I keep you posted (not necessarily today 😉 )

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,964 Views)
Hello,

I have the simple problem that I do not know how to limit the size of a listbox. My second question is, how can I (random) access any element of a listbox (as I can do with arrays)?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,945 Views)