LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multi channel analog input variable seperating

Hi everyone , I want to measure two pressure sensor at the same time with daqmx. Sensors output 0-10 V and 0-1 bar. I have NI pxie-1071 chasis, NI pxie-6341 and bnc terminal. I wrote code that measure two pressure transducer and I'm testing pressure transducer separately.   But, there is a problem. When the first pressure transducer measured,the other sensor was affected. How can I fixed it ? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,427 Views)

Sounds like a hardware problem to me.

Are all unused inputs grounded?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,423 Views)

Firstly thanks for replying.

I don't think it's a hardware problem. Because when I measure only one sensor (another sensor is not connected to the card), there is no problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,416 Views)

@e.aydeniz wrote:

Firstly thanks for replying.

I don't think it's a hardware problem. Because when I measure only one sensor (another sensor is not connected to the card), there is no problem.

So not wiring hardware eliminates the problem, and that's the prove it's not a hardware problem?

I'd spend some more time making sure. But I'm only looking at the problem from a distance...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,407 Views)

Looks like there's no programmatic problem, right? 

I

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,384 Views)

@e.aydeniz wrote:

Looks like there's no programmatic problem, right? 

I

I'm not that much into DAQmx, but it looks OK to me. OK, but messy...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,378 Views)

Hi,

I'll have more than one pressure sensor for a project. I want to test two pressure sensors at the same time before start project. The pressure sensor is omega pxm 419 can measure 0-10 V output and 0-1 bar range.

Problem : When I apply pressure to number one Sensor with air, the number two sensor was affected. Normally number two sensor should have shown 0 bar.

My equipment; NI PXI-1071 chasis. NI PXI-6341 and BNC-2110.

I added the wire connection picture.

I think I'm making a mistake in the wire connection. But could not find any solution.

I'd be very happy if you could help me.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,368 Views)

@e.aydeniz wrote:

Hi,

I'll have more than one pressure sensor for a project. I want to test two pressure sensors at the same time before start project. The pressure sensor is omega pxm 419 can measure 0-10 V output and 0-1 bar range.

You're having problems with two pressure sensors, but your diagram only shows one...

We'd need to see all connection. Power supply wiring and signal wiring.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,353 Views)

Hi again I am a little late. I drew my system. 

When I connected one sensor to the daq card and the other to the multi meter, they worked independently. So when I applied air pressure to one sensor, the other one appeared to be zero bar. But as you know, when I connect both to daq, I apply air pressure to one sensor and the other starts to be affected. I still haven't solved the problem Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,331 Views)

I'm not that much into DAQ, but IIRC...

You can program the DAQ to use differential inputs. If you do, it could take AI0 and AI1, and use the difference as channel 1. Not too sure about this, it's been a while.

Pretty sure you don't want differential inputs though.

You could experiment a bit with other channels (not 0 and 1, but 0 and 2 for instance). Just to find out more about this behavior.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,321 Views)