LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ms office report VI unable to view properties

Hello,

I have LabView 2015 full development and I cannot view the properties of the MS Office VI once I place it in a block diagram. I do not get an error message, just a pop up saying "Unable to View Properties". Am I doing something wrong, or is this a known bug in LV 2015? All searches I have done seem to indicate this was a bug in LV 8 and was fixed.

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,081 Views)

I just opened up my LV2015 install, dropp the MS Office Report express VI on the BD, and was able to configure it without any issues. I would suggest reinstalling the Report Gen toolkit add-on. Maybe something weird happened to your install.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,070 Views)

Whenever you have a problem with your code, it really helps if you attach your code so we can look at it and either say "Yes, that's broken" or "No, you need to do it this way".  Do not attach a picture of your code (unless you know how to create and attach a LabVIEW Snippet) -- attach the VI itself, please.

Among other questions is what you mean by "the MS Office VI".  With your code to look at, we wouldn't have to guess ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,048 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Among other questions is what you mean by "the MS Office VI".  With your code to look at, we wouldn't have to guess ...

I thought the same thing until I read the title again. I'd put money on it being "MS Office Report" VI which is the Report Gen Toolkit's simplest express vi found here.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,037 Views)

If I was having more of a coding issue, I would have thought to do that. This happens when I simply drag the MS office report Express VI into a block diagram. I attached a snapshot of the express VI and the error that comes up.

Sorry for not being a bit more specific in the beginning.

I think trying to reinstall, like James suggested, is probably my best bet.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,028 Views)

I'm having the same problem. Did you resolve this with a fresh install? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,068 Views)

When you drop the Express VI, how do you configure it?  Also, how about creating a new VI, dropping the Express VI on it as you have done, and saving/posting the resulting VI so we can "play with it" and possibly figure things out?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,058 Views)