LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving front panel view mid program

Hello, I'm looking to have a program that will be recording data, but id like it to start its view on one portion of the front panel, and end on a nother portion of the front panel, and I'd like to do this within the program. I'm having difficulty understanding how to do this. I understand it has something to do with property nodes, but i dont entirely understand how to set this up. Can someone please help me?

"There will be water if God wills it"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,156 Views)

duplicate post

Example_VI_BD.png

This'll work if you have only one Pane on your Panel.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,149 Views)

There may be a way to get control of the scrollbars but I can't figure it out with the standard property nodes.  Otherwise you'll have to track and move every control on your FP together.  What a pain that would be. 

I honestly can't think of any good reason to do this.  Is it just for eye candy??? Smiley Tongue

LabVIEW has built in tab controls, splitter bars, sub-panels, etc. for displaying different things on the same front panel that are VERY easy to control.  Is there a good reason you're going down this path?  I for one, would not like my programs front panel to go scrolling around on me.  My first thought would be some kind of virus behavior.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,138 Views)

No good reason just kind of new to this... I'm not sure i exactly follow what you mean though

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,132 Views)

Oh god no i understand what you mean and im afraid I've explained my problem completely wrong. I want to stay on the same front panel i just want to move to a different view of the same front panel mid program

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,131 Views)

Did my post not answer your question?

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,122 Views)

Umm.... It might have, but im having trouble locating the blocks you're using

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,117 Views)

Those are property nodes.  They will not look exactly like that until you select a particular property from the pop-up list.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,109 Views)

If you're using LabVIEW 9 or greater you can drag my snippet onto your Block Diagram.  Otherwise, I've attached an 8.2 version.

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,094 Views)

I thought you wanted a front panel that was bigger than your PC display and you wanted the view to slide around so you could see the graphs and controls appropriate to the part of the program that was running, as it ran.  If that's right, I'm saying there are much better ways and sliding the screen around like that is very non-standard behavior and will likely cause acne, global warming and the deaths of several innocent kittens.  I don't want that kind of thing on my conscience so I always use tab controls, sub VIs, and sub panels to functionally group my controls and graphs.  Besides, it's 100 times easier to use those than it is to try and slide the screen around with property nodes. Smiley Wink

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,083 Views)