LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move a number to a indicator by pressing switch

I have a gpib voltmeter and serial position indicator that outputs numbers. I would like to press a switch that would  let the current number from the voltmeter or serial position indicator move to one of 27 indicators by pressing a switch (using "switched until released")

Message Edited by tomieee on 03-20-2006 09:57 PM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,266 Views)
Hello tomieee,

I am not sure I fully understand what you need to do ; do you have a VI you are working on at the moment that could make things clearer ?

Tell me if I am wrong, you are reading data from a voltmeter periodically and you want to "compute" the value only when you press on a switch, is that it ?
If this is it, just put and event structure inside of a while loop and set un an even on your switch button, when it pressed, stop the while loop and pass the value to wherever you need it.

See example attached.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,249 Views)
TiTou,
  Thank you for your help. I did not know about the event structure.
 I will have 18 pairs of numbers to save.
The user switches between sum and difference voltages at various angles and reads from the Heidenhain.
I need to save a voltage and a reading from the Heidenhain for 9 angles and 2 voltages (sum and difference).
I would like to have the user press a button and save one voltage and a read from the Heidenhain.
Your event driven example could work.
Attached find my vi.

Regards,
tomieee
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,237 Views)