LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mouse button

I recently downloaded a LabView vi that allows us to track the position of
the mouse cursor. Does anyone know how to write (or where to find) a similar
vi that would return the logic of the mouse buttons (pressed or not pressed)?

Thanks much in advance,
Aaron
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,710 Views)
Aaron,

Here is a link. I found a couple others too on NI's website.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/devzoneweb.nsf/opendoc?openagent&F7DAD5C6404427AA862568890001D5E0&cat=A0CA73CF5185AEEF862567AC0057E6FF

There was one that seemed simpler than this, referencing just a couple of
dll calls. It was for labwindows/CVI which is C code, so I stayed away from
that one. Search NI's resource library if you're interested in the C code
(use 'mouse down' as keywords).

Jared

"Aaron" wrote:
>>I recently downloaded a LabView vi that allows us to track the position
of>the mouse cursor. Does anyone know how to write (or where to find) a
similar>vi that would return the logic of the mouse buttons (pressed or not
pressed)?>>Thanks much in advance,>Aaron
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,710 Views)
Put a picture control over the area of interest and make it transparent,
then you can snag the mouse xy and buttons (including meta) from the
properties node. I hacked a chunk of code that let the user relocate a
window using the pointer anywhere in a window and killed off the ugly
Windows title bar/min/max/close bar at the top. Looks way cool, uses no
major resources when not moving and I have control of things instead of
Windows... Let me know if you want an example...

Thomas Kreider
tkreider@uswest.net
jared wrote in message
news:3a8d3ae4@newsgroups.ni.com...
>
> Aaron,
>
> Here is a link. I found a couple others too on NI's website.
>
>
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/devzoneweb.nsf/opendoc?openagent&F7DAD5C6404427AA
862568890001
D5E0&cat=A0CA73CF5185AEEF862567AC0057E6FF
>
> There was one that seemed simpler than this, referencing just a couple of
> dll calls. It was for labwindows/CVI which is C code, so I stayed away
from
> that one. Search NI's resource library if you're interested in the C code
> (use 'mouse down' as keywords).
>
> Jared
>
> "Aaron" wrote:
> >>I recently downloaded a LabView vi that allows us to track the position
> of>the mouse cursor. Does anyone know how to write (or where to find) a
> similar>vi that would return the logic of the mouse buttons (pressed or
not
> pressed)?>>Thanks much in advance,>Aaron
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,710 Views)
Thomas:

I would love to get a copy of that code. I downloaded the files that Jared
suggested, but I only have LabView5.0 (and need v 5.1 to run those files).
You could email them to me, or point me to an ftp site. Thanks !!

-Aaron

"Thomas Kreider" wrote:
>Put a picture control over the area of interest and make it transparent,>then
you can snag the mouse xy and buttons (including meta) from the>properties
node. I hacked a chunk of code that let the user relocate a>window using
the pointer anywhere in a window and killed off the ugly>Windows title bar/min/max/close
bar at the top. Looks way cool, uses no>major resources when not moving
and I have control of things instead of>Windows... Let me know if you want
an example..
.>>Thomas Kreider>tkreider@uswest.net>jared
wrote in message>news:3a8d3ae4@newsgroups.ni.com...>>>> Aaron,>>>> Here is
a link. I found a couple others too on NI's website.>>>>>http://zone.ni.com/devzone/devzoneweb.nsf/opendoc?openagent&F7DAD5C6404427AA>862568890001D5E0&cat=A0CA73CF5185AEEF862567AC0057E6FF>>>>
There was one that seemed simpler than this, referencing just a couple of>>
dll calls. It was for labwindows/CVI which is C code, so I stayed away>from>>
that one. Search NI's resource library if you're interested in the C code>>
(use 'mouse down' as keywords).>>>> Jared>>>> "Aaron"
wrote:>> >>I recently downloaded a LabView vi that allows us to track the
position>> of>the mouse cursor. Does anyone know how to write (or where
to find) a>> similar>vi that would return the logic of the mouse buttons
(pressed or>not>> pressed)?>>Thanks much in advance,>Aaron>>
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,710 Views)