From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motion object

Hi everyone!

I am a new people to Labview.I have a problem. I want to simulate a object(shape circle or rectangle) moving on plane Oxy. The object can move random or trajectory. I can plot trajetory motion of object. The Object moves as marble rolling on a flat surface.

Do anyone help me?

Thank in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,739 Views)

Please be more specific. Do you want help with simulating the motion? Do you have equations for the forces to be applied? What defines the motion? Do you want help with plotting the position? 

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,735 Views)

Thank you.

Yes. I want to simulate motion. the object moves with speed less than 30 cm/s. acceleration of object is constant or speed of object is constant. I want to plot position in Oxy coordinate system.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,703 Views)

What determines when the object accelerates? What determines the direction? Are X and Y independent or is the vector velocity limited to  30 cm/s? Is there a limit on how far the object may move?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,683 Views)

the simple, the object moves constant acceleration. the direction is random as long as trajectory curve. velocity X axial and velocity Y axial are limited to 30cm/s. the object move in the plane(50x50 cm).

Thanks you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,671 Views)

So you are saying that the object accelerates at a constant magnitude and random direction for a time interval. Then in the next time interval a new random direction is assigned. The constraints are that the x-component and y-component of of velocity may not exceed +/-30 cm/s and that the position may not leave a 50x50 cm square. Do I understand correctly?

The statement above still allows for some ambiguity. For example suppose the x velocity is 30 cm/s and the y-velocity is 10 cm/s at the end of a time interval. If the random acceleration vector in the next interval has a positive x-axis component, then the magnitude of the acceleration must be reduced from the constant value to prevent the x-axis velocity limit from being violated. Another alterntive is to limit the allowable directions for the acceleration vector. Similar ambiguities exist at the position boundaries.

Once you decide how to handle those situations, you can begin to develop your model.

This sounds like an academic exercise, so I will not do it for you, but will try to help you understand what is going on.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,661 Views)

Thank you.

The fact I want to model a object moving in area 50x50 cm. I use a pole or ruler to move object.I have a camera to capture. in reality, the object move random but velocity is less 30cm/s to camera can capture.

Can Labview model this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,652 Views)

LabVIEW is software. You can model anything, if you can describe its behavior with suitable equations or algorithms.

How will you connect the pole to LabVIEW?

What does the camera have to do with this?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,625 Views)

Camera is proccessed in another computer. I don't simulate pole. I want to simulate object moving.the object can move trajectory setting. I have a idea. it moves click mouse. If the use second method, motion is interrupted and not continue.

Thanks you for replying.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,613 Views)