From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monitoring sun radiation

I am trying to derive the kWh from the sun's radiation using a Kipp&Zonen CMP11.

I have sampled readings from the CMP 11 (which is in Watt per square meter) using an agillent mux.  Now I have to integrate it over the accumulating time to get the Watt-hour.  Which function can I use?  Can I use the Time-Domain Integration vi SUM[X(dt)]?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,786 Views)

You can use Numeric Integration VI.  It locates at Mathematics >> Integration & Differentiation palette.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,765 Views)

Thank you,

I forgot to mention that I am doing real-time sampling and accumulating the kWh continuously.

I tried the Integral (Sum[Xdt]), also in the math palette, and seemed rather straight forward to implement. I have not seen anyone use this vi for this purpose, perhaps its a new feature in Labview?

I am not certain of how to use the Numeric Integr VI for the same purpose.  What do I use for dt (interval size)?  The sampling period?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,758 Views)

Which VI do you use? The Integral x(t) VI?

Yes, dt is sampling period.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,753 Views)

This is what I used.  Its in the math > Integr & Diff > Time-Domain Math

Integral (Sum[Xdt]).jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,746 Views)

I see. 

You said you are doing real-time sampling and accumulating the kWh continuously.

Do you mean point-by-point?  That is, every time you get a sample data input, you want to calculate the integral?

If so, you can use Integral x(t) PtbyPt.vi, which is in Signal Processing >> Point By Point >> Integral & Differential PtbyPt palette.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,728 Views)

How were you able to take measurements with your CMP11? I have a CMP3 and am having difficulty reading the microvoltage created with my compactdaq. would you mind sharing your block diagram?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,467 Views)