From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monitoring photovoltaic

Hello,
I want to design a monitoring system for pv panels with Labview. Can anyone help me with some exameples on this matter?
Kindly regards

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. "
Albert Einstein
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,013 Views)
Can you be more specific about what you want to do and what hardware you would like to do it with?
-Rick
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,987 Views)
Yes, for the beginning I have a small a project for street lighting where I’ll use a small panel from Siemens, a rechargeable battery (lead acid type), a charge controller, a data logger and some lamps. The results has to be a program which shows the IV curve and the SOC of the battery, the battery voltage, (perhaps the temperature of the panel, the data logger has a sensor for temperature), the current from the panel and of the lamps, calculates the power and give some alarms when the SOC is too low or too high and also when the lamp(panel) is (dis)connected (the charge controller (dis)connects the lamp(lamp) when the SOC is too low(high)).

I have a Lab-PC card which I indent to use it in my project.

The next thing is a program for load management of a hybrid system for a specific household. The system consist of a monocrystaline silicon pv and a wind turbine connected to the grid. The system has also and some batteries and it can work independently from the grid.

For the first one I found an example about photovoltaic cell characterization, but I want to know if it possible to read the data from the data logger and then to use them for further calculation /graphics and to show alarms on the computer (or to send them via a mobile phone).

For the second one I don’t have yet much information.

Waiting for an answer,

“ The important thing is not to stop questioning.”
Albert Einstein
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,977 Views)
Hi,

I see that you are trying to use an extremely old board. I want to be able to help you out, but we do not have these boards anymore. If this is a question on how to program the board, then let me know which version of LabVIEW you are using. Also, you gave a lot of detail about your application, but I am not familiar with a large majority of it. So, what are you expecting the DAQ board to do for you? That is, are you looking for it to do some sort of analog inputs, or what? Please clarify what you want the DAQ board to do. I will do my best to help you out, but please understand that the support for this board is going to be very limited.

Have a Great Day!

George
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,958 Views)

hi all,

actually im also need help for the same matters for my project. (im newer in LabVIEW). im using the 8.5 version. what i need to monitor is the voltage & temperature (the voltage come from solar panel and the temperature im just using the heat sensor, LM 35DZ).

what i need  now is the program (maybe the simple one??).

it will log the data in sequence. let say every 1 minutes it will collect the data and log it in table.

her my program. maybe it wrong.. please repair it or fix it because im not good in writing guys..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,499 Views)