LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modified basic serial write and read

how do i modified this vi so that i can seperated each register that it read..for example all value for register 100 in one table than register for 200 in another table and so on

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,870 Views)

Is the register number included with the data you read?  In other words, how do you know which register the data came from?

Ed

Edward Motts
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,859 Views)

im not make the testing yet..but as i know the register will come in randomly and unorganized..so i need to choose some of the register which i need then put the value of it in table

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,850 Views)

You have not nearly enough information - only some vague reference to 'registers' and some code that everyone has. Provide at least the make and model of the instrument, the programming manual, and an attempt to get your code to work. Get a capture of a read and write and do a make current values default. Save that VI and attach it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,843 Views)

ok i will try make a testing 1st and attach it here

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,816 Views)

attach is my vi.,my received data and motor controller manual

can someone tell me how to modified this vi so that i can know the meaning of the hex received and convert it to normal values

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,775 Views)

What command did you write to get the data that you show in your .jpeg image?

If you need to convert numbers such as two string characters to the equivalent 16-bit number, you use the typecast function and wire a constant to the top of the correct datatype (such as U16).

It looks like there a several different ways to request data and that you could ask for the number as hex values or as decimal.  Without more information on what you are trying to get, all I can recommend is that you read the manual you attached starting at page 15.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,767 Views)

i dont send any command..the data will keep sending to my labview after it connected to the controller

so i need to identify what is the meaning of the hex that i received..any idea what should i do?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,763 Views)

I don't see anywhere in the manual that says data is being sent conitnuously.  Everything seems to be query command/response.

Perhaps its time for you to contact the manufacturers of that device.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,760 Views)

i'll check it later..but before that i need to try it by using dummy data

for example i want to send this kind of data  Msg ID= 0x00000001 and Data= 0x00000010, Msg ID= 0x00000002 Data= 0x00000020 and so on

lets take it if i use basic serial write and read example vi. then i write that data and send it to another basic serial write and read example vi.

how do i modified so that the received data will arrange as every data for Msg ID= 0x00000001 in one row and and Msg ID= 0x00000002 in another row and another in another row... so on

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,706 Views)