From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modbus

Solved!
Go to solution

HI ALL

Im using an universal controller NOVUS N1100 and im trying to communicate with LabVIEW 8.0. The protocol is MODBUS RTU. My problem is how can i communicate that controller with Labview 8.0, i downloaded the MODBUS library, but i see in a demo i can use shared variables and just connect, all in a new project, but when i try to do the same cant find the modbus server option, i need install something??? 

Thanks for all 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,488 Views)
I guess this was a demo of the LabVIEW DSC module...
Message 2 of 3
(3,471 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mr Bungle

Hi Mr Bungle, as JB mentions probably what you saw is a demo of LabVIEW DSC. LabVIEW DSC is an additional Module that allows to connect to PLC and adds additional functionality to LabVIEW to create more complex SCADA systems.

To work with Modbus from LabVIEW you can use the free library or the Modbus I/O Server that is included in either LabVIEW DSC or LabVIEW RT.

You can download a 30 day trial for this modules for LabVIEW 8.6 (you will also need to download it in evaluation to test this functionality).

https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/evaltlktcds/content.xhtml

Best Regards

Benjamin C
Principal Systems Engineer // CLA // CLED
Message 3 of 3
(3,445 Views)