From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modbus tcp/ip write.

I've got an iologik e2240 Moxa device and I'm using a Modbus protocol via TCP/IP to communicate with it. Using the NI Modbus Library, I have no problem with reading coils and registers but when it comes to writing any data to device, the MB_Ethernet_Master_Query.vi is returning an exception code 6 ( Busy, rejected message).

I got to know what Modbus is yesterday so I am a complete newbie.

Does anybody know why this exception occurs ?

Write.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,762 Views)

06/0x06 Busy, Rejected Message Specialized use in conjunction with programming commands.
The server (of slave) is engaged in processing a long-duration
program command. The client (or master) should retransmit
the message later when the server (or slave) is free.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,744 Views)

I've founded explenation to this excepton code, but I didn't know why writing to registers caused this exception.

Finally after few hours of trying everything I've figured out that although some registers in this device are marked as a read/write, you can only read them (attempt to write them causes exception code "6").

🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,742 Views)

Yeah, I think that what happened to me in the past as well.  That's why I only read/write holding registers.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,740 Views)

This happens also with holding registers on this device I'm using.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,738 Views)