cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mod - remainder confiusion

Dear all,

Anyone can explain what mean by this line of code:

ad<=(-5) mod 8;

I know the "mod" is the remainder. But, why need negative? What the different with ad<=5 mod 8? Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,180 Views)

This doesn't exactly look like a LabVIEW problem although you are here on a LabVIEW forum. And considering that we are on a LabVIEW forum it would have been very trivial to try it out in a LabVIEW VI with the Quotient & Remainder function. Try it out and you will see the difference! Doing so costs less time than posting here! Smiley Very Happy

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,169 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

This doesn't exactly look like a LabVIEW problem although you are here on a LabVIEW forum. And considering that we are on a LabVIEW forum it would have been very trivial to try it out in a LabVIEW VI with the Quotient & Remainder function. Try it out and you will see the difference! Doing so costs less time than posting here! Smiley Very Happy

Opss, sorry for posting the thread here Smiley Embarassed. Forget this is LabView forum. Already post in the right forum, peace! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,164 Views)

The difference when you try it in a LabVIEW VI, with starting up LabVIEW it costs less than a minute, is that one result of the mod is 3 and the other is 5. Think about it why!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,162 Views)