From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing LabVIEW MathScript commands for control systems

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm watching these:

They are about control system engineering with LabVIEW. 

I have LabVIEW 2015 with the MathScript RT and a test license for Control and Simulation library.  I also have a licensed MatLab installed, but it does not have the control system toolboxes.

They both use the "ss" command in MathScript.  I can't find it.  I get errors.  I search in help and it is not there.  It is not in the examples.  When I look at the Block diagram VI's from the scond video I have substantially fewer controls on mine.  I get PID, Fuzzy, and System Identification.  I don't have "SISO".

I have several guesses as to what is wrong:

• it was removed from the MathScript RT module. 
  • I need a different toolkit or demo.
  • it has a new name that is non-intuitive.

Can you help me find the "ss" command so I can duplicate what they are doing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,915 Views)
- LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module toolkit : http://www.ni.com/labview/cd-sim/
- you can download evaluation version and try.
- what you have is LabVIEW MathScript RT Module http://www.ni.com/labview/mathscript/
- As per my knowledge in MATLAB also it is separate toolbox which is licensed separately.
- For LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Resources : http://www.ni.com/tutorial/11653/en/
Thanks
uday
Message 2 of 6
(3,898 Views)

@udka - I must have installed something wrongly.  I tried again, and it still doesn't have the menus, or the updated command-set in MathScript RT.

The system knows some commands, but not enough to do a basic step response.  I have 2015, not 2016, and I already had MathScript RT.  I'm thinking that the mismatch has to be in that area.  I could be wrong.

Untitled.png

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,796 Views)

From the screenshot of the palettes, it looks like the Control Design & Simulation toolkit either isn't installed or licensed correctly - you should have a whole bunch of simulation palettes etc.

From what I recall, the PID / Fuzzy toolkits are separate from the main CD&S toolkit.

Can you show us what you have installed under 'software' in NI MAX? Perhaps also show us your NI license manager.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,784 Views)

Here is software from NiMAX.

Capture.PNG

Here is most of license. 

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,771 Views)
Solution
Accepted by EngrStudent
You have installed the wrong version of the Control Design and Simulation module - the version must match the version of LabVIEW (i.e. 2015, in your case).

Download/install the older version and you should be good to go.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 6 of 6
(3,715 Views)