From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[minor bug] Flat Sequence Structure context help shows stacked sequence

I just noticed this... if you bring up context help and mouse over a label in a FSS, it shows context help for SSS.  Its very minor, but I thought it interesting.

sss.png

Message 1 of 5
(2,271 Views)

What version of LabVIEW?  The correct context help shows up for me with LabVIEW 2017.

EDIT:  Okay, I was able to replicate this in LabVIEW 2017 once I looked closer at your screenshot.

The FSS seems to work fine, until you turn on the subdiagram label.  Hover over the label, (like shown in your picture), it shows the SSS help.  Move off and hover over the frame of the sequence, and it will then correctly show the FSS help.

Interesting bug you found.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,228 Views)

I see it here in LV 2015 SP1 as well.  The SSS just won't go away.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,225 Views)

@billko wrote:

I see it here in LV 2015 SP1 as well.  The SSS just won't go away.  😉

It's been a few months since I've seen "that" thread get bumped with another beginner developer arguing for SSS use.

Edit:  Never mind!  I guess I missed its yearly resurgence in early Aug...

Message 4 of 5
(2,221 Views)

Hi BowenM,

Interesting find. I was able to reproduce it in LabVIEW 2017 so I'll inform R&D. I'll follow up with a post here if a Corrective Action Request is filed on the issue.

Thanks,

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,186 Views)