LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minimizable exe uses low resolution icon instead of high resolution icon

I am using LabVIEW 2009 (pre-SP1) on a Windows 7 platform.  If I build a .vi into an application and use a custom icon or even the default LabVIEW icon and make the top-level vi minimizable the low resolution icon (16x16) is used in the taskbar instead of the high resolution icon (256x256).  However, if the top-level vi is set to not-minimizable then the high resolution (256x256) icon is used in the taskbar (see attached).  This would not be prevelent in pre-Vista platforms because only the low-resolution icon is available to applications in the taskbar.  Anyone else encounter this?  I think this is a LabVIEW 2009 bug but haven't tried it with SP1 yet. Steffan
Download All
Message 1 of 5
(2,779 Views)

sbenamou,

When you build your application the Application Properties Dialog Box opens up in here there is the Icon Page where you can choose different resolution Icons. Does this changing this help any?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,740 Views)

Ben S wrote:

sbenamou,

When you build your application the Application Properties Dialog Box opens up in here there is the Icon Page where you can choose different resolution Icons. Does this changing this help any?

No, this doesn't matterI think this option is just for viewing your configured icons and doesn't affect which one it actually usesIf you change the setting and close the application properties, this value is not savedI also tried building with the 256x256 selected at the time and it still used the low res icon when the vi was minimazable.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,726 Views)

SteffanB,

Gotcha, I'll have to test this on a Windows 7 machine to confirm the behavior. 

Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,701 Views)

Hi SteffanB,

This was reported to R&D (# 186575) for further investigation.  You can try having your VI be not minimizable for now, if that's an option.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Jared S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,648 Views)