LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merge different vis

Hello!

I'm new to labview and have some problems with my myRIO.

First, vi in attachment works nice when I run it in labview, but when I try to implement it as myRIO project, it doesn't response anymore. Therefore I would like to know how to make it work.

Second, I would like to merge prewritten project (onboard accelerometer, called Main.vi) with my vi (see attachment). How to do that? Thanks in advance.

I have myRIO1900.

Best regards, Tim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,479 Views)

You are using an event structure for key down events.  How do you expect it to run when a cRIO doesn't have a user interface?

Has for merging, have you tried copy and paste from one project to another?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,452 Views)

Thank you for response. Let me tell you more about our project. We'll have semi autonomous underwater vehicle - and we would like to control it via cable (camputer - myRIO). I hoped computer will detect key down event and just "send it" through cable to RIO (which is onboard of our vehicle). But it looks like that won't work. Will it work if I use keyboard input and so on (via USB)? Or will I have to do similar to this (connect pc with pins on RIO)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r_LwcDa2AM

About merging vi's - I tried copy paste, but it looks like it didn't work because of events structure...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,444 Views)

If you want a PC controlling a cRIO, then you need to design the code on the RIO to respond to events other than user interface events.  Look at using network shared variables.  Let the code on the PC have an event structure if you want.

I suggest looking at more tutorials on how to program for FPGA's.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,442 Views)

I'm a bit confused - that means it isn't possible to have user interface on PC and simply stream commands as "arrow up" or "arrow down" to myRIO via usb cable (we'll use it on terrain, without wifi)? I would just like to control throttle of my motor  with PC's keypad. RIO should accept commands and then send it forward to motor via i2c (motor it is programmed to accept values from 0 to 100 via i2c).

Are there any examples of how to send and receive commands with RIO?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,398 Views)