From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

menubar

Hello

I have an issue that i can’t find any help for, online. Maybe someone here can give me a tip or 2..
I am making my own menubar with my own headlines and submenus ( i know how to make a Run Time Menu).
Furthermore I would like to tie each submenu to its own corresponding page. How do i do that?
Consider this example…

Menubar: File               Data                Compare
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New                             Show info         Previous step
Open                           Save                 Previous test
Step                             Send
Close                           Print
End

choosing compare—> previous step opens en new page with its own elements.. And so on

regards kim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,545 Views)

Hi Kimaau!

By changing pages, do you mean to switch the user interface based on what menu button is pressed? In that case, you could use the Tab Control function. An event case triggered by <This VI> --> Menu Selection (User), and a case structure for which menu button is pressed, can change the active tab. The tab buttons themselves can be set to invisible to the user, so that the user will have to use your menu to open them. The different tabs can also be cycled through by either incrementing or decrementing the Tab Control value using a shift register.

A problem is that the number of tabs is fixed, so you cannot programmatially create or delete them.

What kind of information is it that you wish to compare? If it's something that can be put into a cluster, you can have a designated tab for comparing two clusters that can be displayed onto that tab on the front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,455 Views)