LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measuring two-edge separation with PXI-6608

I need some help with a VI that should measure the separation time between a trigger signal & incoming pulses.  I am using LabVIEW 8.5 with a PIXI chassis & a PXI-6608 card.  I have a delay generator that gives me 3 pulses at programmable times going into a BNC-2121 block then going into the PXI chassis.

I have the DAQ Assistant set up to measure two-edge separation using Counter_0 thru Counter_7.  For Counter_0,  Signal_1 comes from the Digital Trigger on the BNC-2121 & Signal_2 comes from the delay generator Channel_1.  According to the NI-DAQmx help, this corresponds to PFI37 & PFI38 respectfully.

The Digital Trigger also goes to Counter_1 Signal_1 (PFI33) & Signal_2 (PFI34) coming from Channel_2 of the delay generator.  The other counters are set up in the same fashion.

When I trigger the delay generator, I can see the 3 pulses on an o'scope.  When I connect the signals to the counters it does not work as expected.  I have to trigger the delay generator 3 times to get the timing for all 3 two-edge separation measurements...

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,187 Views)
Problem solved.  I removed the error handling from each DAQ Assistant block & it works.  I think the trigger signal was getting lost from block to block since it was doing things only 1 time...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,180 Views)