From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measuring pressure

Solved!
Go to solution

heyyy guys i been working on my graduation project i need to measure the pressure with mpx5700dp sensor using the arduino board and labview i made this block diagramme where i converted the voltage into pressure using the convertion function  and displyed it on the graph it on the graph also i created a thingspeak server to send the the data and stock it there the thing is i'am not sure if my work is correct ... i need someone to cheek it pls before i present it 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(1,543 Views)

@ihebz1 wrote:

i need someone to cheek it pls before i present it 

You did not attach anything for us to "check".

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(1,539 Views)

how about now ? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(1,528 Views)

Well, now you attached the same file twice....

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(1,518 Views)

lmaoo i'am sorry .. my supervisor is not familiar with labview so i'am basically working alone with no guidance.. the thingspeak part is working  i just need to check if that is the right way to display the pressure measurment on the graph ..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(1,509 Views)

is it correct or do I need to change some things ??

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(1,453 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ihebz1

Since we don't have your hardware, we cannot "check" functionality, of course. Does it work?

OTOH, we can comment on the programming layout and logic:

• Your on/off button does nothing
  • your LED is not connected, so why is it in the loop?
  • Why is there a file path control?
  • Your "5" constant should be orange.
  • "waveform chart" is not a useful label.
  • "Slide" is not a useful label. What is its purpose?
  • Property nodes only need to be written when their inputs change, not constanty.
  • What determines the loop timing?
  • Why does your HTTP "train" have no inputs and why do you write your data using a "get" reqeust?
  • Why do you concatenate two string constants? Wouldn't it be easier to have a string constant with all of it?
  • Your code runs until the time has elapsed. Don't you want a way to stop early? How about if an error occurs?
  • Your cases of the big case structure differs only by a  string constant. Everything else belong outside the case structure.
  • What determines the loop rate of the while loop? I don't see any reasonable pacing.
  • Currently, your code is a "downhill worm" where little can be done once it is running and the result is irreversibly lost if there is e.g. a problem opening the file.
  • A proper program here would be a state machine that start up in an idle state and never stops until closed. Having to run the program with every new test is not reasonable.
  • A front panel with things scattered all over the place and using controls of different styles is just plain ugly and confusing.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(1,436 Views)

the graph thing how it is not useful like how how I'm supposed to display the measurements 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(1,429 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ihebz1

@ihebz1 wrote:

the graph thing how it is not useful like how how I'm supposed to display the measurements 

The chart is useful. The label "Waveform chart" is not useful. Change the label and call it something that makes sense in relation to the measurement. ("Pressure chart" maybe.)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(1,417 Views)

and the loop timing how I'm supposed to determinate the value of it (from the datasheet)??

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(1,413 Views)