From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measuring distance between two points in an image

Sir,

I am working on an eye gaze tracking project. for this, i need to measure the distance between the center of the eyes to inner corner and center of the eyes to the outer corner and display the values. I have to repeat this for all the frames of the video recorded using the webcam. Kindly help me out with this issue asap. 

i havent at all progressed in this..Smiley Sad so i have not got anything to attach.

Please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,985 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,969 Views)

Define inner and outer corner. Can you attach a typical frame picture?

Do you need help finding the center and corners (maybe hard) or do you already have the pixels coordinates (trivial). 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,956 Views)

i need to find out that as well... and i havent yet progressed at all...

Can u help me regarding that too sir,..?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,951 Views)

It seems like even defining the problem is more effort than you feel like putting in. This is why you don't progress.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,945 Views)

I am really new to labview.. thats the reason why i cant figure out what to do..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,941 Views)

Well 'i'm really new' is often a codeword around here for someone that hasn't even sat down to learn the basics of LabVIEW. You need to read the manual and go through some tutorials/exercises if you haven't already. Depending on your license, you may have free access to the LabVIEW core training programs.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,931 Views)

So, the main problem is the image analysis. You have not shown us a tyical picture as requested.

is it color? black&white? What is the resolution? What is the frame rate you need?

So many questions, so little information!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,920 Views)

mm.. am sorry sir,

The image is color..il attach one..

frame rate is 30fps..

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,896 Views)