LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measurement from load cell with NI-6009

That looks ok. Note that the maximum input (from load cell) is 20mV, so you'd need to use a lower than 12V excitation (10V gives 20mV maximum output from load cell).

The amplifier you linked can provide a supply of 5V-15V, but doesn't describe how to set/change that value.

You might need to try and check that particular piece of information, but I'd guess it should be fine.

You also need to increase your power supply voltage to at least 18V, so check that is possible!

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(746 Views)

@cbutcher  已写:

That looks ok. Note that the maximum input (from load cell) is 20mV, so you'd need to use a lower than 12V excitation (10V gives 20mV maximum output from load cell).

The amplifier you linked can provide a supply of 5V-15V, but doesn't describe how to set/change that value.

You might need to try and check that particular piece of information, but I'd guess it should be fine.

You also need to increase your power supply voltage to at least 18V, so check that is possible!

dear sir i have connected this amplifier to load cell but when i see on labview there is too much noisy signals on graph, i am attaching picture of graph, i cant get/understand the data shown in graph, thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(724 Views)

That looks a tiny bit more promising.

Now you need to look at things that can introduce noise into your system. In particular, noise between the load cell and the amplifier.

Ensure that the cables between the load cell and the amplifier are kept shorter and that it is the amplified signal that travels any long distance.

Does the output correctly respond to changes in load (i.e. does the whole graph move upwards when you compress in one direction)?

What is your experimental setup like?

Probably now your problem lies with physical arrangement, wiring and so on.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(716 Views)

@cbutcher  已写:

That looks a tiny bit more promising.

Now you need to look at things that can introduce noise into your system. In particular, noise between the load cell and the amplifier.

Ensure that the cables between the load cell and the amplifier are kept shorter and that it is the amplified signal that travels any long distance.

Does the output correctly respond to changes in load (i.e. does the whole graph move upwards when you compress in one direction)?

What is your experimental setup like?

Probably now your problem lies with physical arrangement, wiring and so on.

thanks for your quick response sir

when i push the load cell there is nothing changes in graphs, it shows continous in same reading (i mean i gave the output 0-10v, but the readings are not changing)

you are right the length of wire from load cell to amplifier is 3 meter long

so what should i do now (should i cut the wire to make shorter length)?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(713 Views)

Cutting the wire is one option but it is destructive - if it doesn't work you can't "uncut" it. Can you use a different shorter wire? And as needed a different longer wire on the other side (amplifier to DAQ board) if you cannot place the load cell close to DAQ board for example.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(705 Views)

@cbutcher  已写:

Cutting the wire is one option but it is destructive - if it doesn't work you can't "uncut" it. Can you use a different shorter wire? And as needed a different longer wire on the other side (amplifier to DAQ board) if you cannot place the load cell close to DAQ board for example.

sir i can extend the other side (amplifier to DAQ)wire, and i can not use different shorter wire in load cell because it has fixed wire (built in) from company so it can not be replaced.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(697 Views)

@sher786 wrote:

@cbutcher  已写:

sir i can extend the other side (amplifier to DAQ)wire, and i can not use different shorter wire in load cell because it has fixed wire (built in) from company so it can not be replaced.

In this case, you should do some research about reducing noise in load cell measurement applications. I suspect you will at some point need to cut the wires and shorten the (electrical) distance between the load cell and the amplifier, but I don't want to give this advice before you've read a few more things and perhaps checked other possibilities because of the irreversible nature of this change.

Depending on various other factors, such as the grounding method you're using, the shielding of any cables you have, the type of the cables provided by the manufacturer, the quality of the connections etc, you might find other things that will make more difference than changing the wire length. You should check what you can check that can be reversed before you try something that cannot be reversed.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(685 Views)