From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measure pressure and acceleration with NIc9174 and NI 9207

Hi everyone,

I have a NIc9178 and NI 9207 and I would like to mesure acceleration and pressure.

I have seen that my devices cannot support to measure directly acceleration, position and pressure (when I create a task using Max I cannot enter the acceleration, the pressure and the position using LDVT as analog inputs).

Can I measure these quantities using as Analog inputs a voltage? If yes, how can I calibrate the channels?

Thanks for the reply

matomato

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,091 Views)

well, it is not enough.

You have to aquire transducer for pressure, also for acceleration, that gives you mA or Volts.

Then you have to introduce  the right equation for each, pressure and acceleration in .vi. So, you measure current or voltage (mA or V) with NI 9207 from transducer, but trough equation will be bars, and m/s, or any other unit....That depends on the input equation.

So you just have to know the calibrated limits:

For example, at 4mA -----0 bar

20mA----3 bar   . You write an equation from here, and you will input in .vi.

Good luck. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,087 Views)

Hi Dsasorin

Thanks for the quick reply. So, it is possible to measure these quantities as simple Volts or Currents and then manipulate the input signal in order to convert the input to the appropriated scale and quantities!

This is good.

I wiol proced

matomato

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,085 Views)