LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measure percentage

Hello everyone! I'm doing on our project on labview. We are using a battery and need to measure the percentage of power that the battery left. As the power used, the voltage will also decrease. Here is a table of the relationship between voltage and percentage. Can anyone help me to get the vary value of percentage? Thanks!table.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 43
(4,529 Views)

Are you having a problem with LabVIEW problem or a problem with math? What have you tried so far?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 43
(4,520 Views)

Both the problems...How to get the formula of the table? Then how to program on labview?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 43
(4,512 Views)

So what you mean here is, you want to display the exact percentage of battery depending on the voltage (Suppost 11.23 V mean 54% like that)? You can do a Linear fit (LinearFit.vi) with the Voltage as Y values and Percentage as X values (Or may be the other way) and find the Slope and Intercept. Then with the voltage reading Mulitply the slope and Add the intercept, you are done.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 43
(4,511 Views)

Create an array of points (cluster of xy pairs, x=voltage, y=%), then use interpolate array with the given voltage.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 43
(4,506 Views)

Actually it is not a linear one...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 43
(4,475 Views)

Maybe a curve.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 43
(4,474 Views)

Hi xuan,

either use Altenbach's suggestion (with linear interpolation between your data points) or calculate a polynomial regression of your choice. Then use PolynomialEvaluation function to calc battery state from voltage…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 43
(4,463 Views)

Using a lookup table as Altenbach suggested is the easiest way to go.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 43
(4,446 Views)

I'm sorry...Can u give me a more detailed solution?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 43
(4,414 Views)