LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measure after spacific time

Hi

I have question and its a very important:

I build a application that measure a THD. if you see from the example that I build you see that I generate a sine wave that run all the time because he existing in a loop and give the measure all the time.

I send you the code and you can see it .

all the application run well , but I can't do this :

when I run this application the sine wave generate and run all the time , I want to read one measure after 50msec . and after 2 sec I read the second measure .

because in this example I read the measure all the time ( THD) , because all the application in loop

so I want that the sine run all the time but after 50msec, I can read only one measure from the sine wave and after
2 sec I read the second measure .

I try all the possibilities but I fail ,
if you know how to solve this problem I would be very clad and if you have another idea I will be very tankful.

thanks alot
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,218 Views)
You will have to use the 'Tick Count' VI to determine the elapsed time. You will probably have to place one outside of the While loop and one inside of it. If the differnece in tick count between the two is 50 milliseconds then you can 'read one measure'. You will have to add logic so that it will 'read the measure' after an additional 2000 seconds.

Chris_Mitchell
Product Development Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,218 Views)
How can I do that . becasue the tick count didn't reset
when I run the application .
if you can send me an exapmle in the vi that I send
thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3