LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maxon Epos 24/5

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Using Maxon EPOS24/5 and want to control or interface it with Labview and get some library function from link.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F2F553B7B2E3FC10862572AC0023FCA0

I have downloaded library function and an example in .ZIP file but it gives some Error, In this link it says that we need to buy CAN Device, My question is can I use Labview with Maxon Epos without CAN device from NI or it is not possible in any case.

Thanks Hope to get answer soon

Best Regads

Talib Hussain

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,512 Views)

Dear Mr Hussain,

Thank you for your post. As far as I could see (went short to the MAXON site) this is a EPOS 2 controller. I found an serial instrument driver (based on the DLL's from MAXON) under this link.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,498 Views)

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have downloaded drive and library function it gives some Error,

My question is can I use Labview with Maxon Epos without CAN device from NI or it is not possible in any case. I mean can use Epos direct to werial Port COM1 or I realy need CAN device.

Thanks Hope to get answer soon

Best Regads

Talib Hussain

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,495 Views)

Dear Mr Hussain,

is is much easier to use an instrument driver, please notice that you will need the DLL's from MAXON in this case. Ofcourse you are able to communicate with the serial port of your computer using Labview; use the VISA functions to do that. A good starting point are the VISA examples from the example finder.

In your case you need to have the command strings to communicate with the controller, you can use the VISA API to send these strings to the serial port of your PC.

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,492 Views)

EPOS 24/5 is a driver of the previous generation. The exact type is printed in big letters on the case of the driver.

• EPOS : RS-232 and CANOpen
  • EPOS2 : RS-232, CANOpen and USB
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,491 Views)

ninlmartijn a écrit :

Dear Mr Hussain,

is is much easier to use an instrument driver, please notice that you will need the DLL's from MAXON in this case. Ofcourse you are able to communicate with the serial port of your computer using Labview; use the VISA functions to do that. A good starting point are the VISA examples from the example finder.

In your case you need to have the command strings to communicate with the controller, you can use the VISA API to send these strings to the serial port of your PC.

1. Use maxon's EPOS Studio to configure and test your system.
  2. Use maxon's EPOS library for LabVIEW... which to program your application.

You can download them on maxonmotor.com.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,486 Views)