LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

max error < the password you typed in was incorrect >

I have crio 9073. Installed labview 2012. Formatted the crio (previous labview 2011, all is working). IP configuration is ok, no password set.

The system state is "connected - safe mode (no software installed)

Now when i try to add the software to the crio, max respond me:

"the password you typed in was incorrect"

I have "reset configuration data", repaired max installation, reformatted the crio, but the error is the same.

Any possible solution?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,900 Views)

Hi toforgive,

you can try to repair the installation of LabVIEW Real-Time and NI-RIO in order to check if an error depends on the installation of the software.

Thanls,

Giuseppe.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,861 Views)

same problem with an Ni-1454, im trying to reinstall all labview 2012 software to see what happens

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,728 Views)

I'm assuming that you are connecting to your cRIO over TCP/IP.  I don't have much cRIO experience, but my PXI controller can be configured with or without a password requirement for FTP and Web access.  Could this be the source of your cRIO problem, i.e. could the cRIO be set up to require a password for access?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,722 Views)

Solved with these steps, using an NI-1454 and NI MAX:

1. Reset target device

2. Reconfigure ip

3. Update BIOS

4. MAIN STEP: Install ONLY Labview Real Time

5. Reboot device

6. Install other programs

The main problem is that you must first install the real time module before you can install others.

Good luck everyone

Message 5 of 6
(2,693 Views)

To others who have experienced this "the password you typed was incorrect" problem, I figured out a solution that fixed a PC that was seeing this repeatedly.  For me this problem stemmed from someone changing the PC's TEMP directory to an invalid path.  Try editing your account's TEMP (and perhaps TMP) environment variables back to the default, which is "C:\users\*you*\AppData\Local\Temp"

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,486 Views)