cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

max can't display cards anymore

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I have a problem with my DAQ PC, when I run the NI MAX program it no longer shows the two cards that are installed under the "Devices and Interfaces" folder, see screenshot.

The windows device manager can display them however.  Anyone got any ideas as to why MAX can't see them.  The system used to be working fine, but today I've seen

this problem.  I've tried power cycling the system and rebooting it a number of times.

Thanks if anyone can assist.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,582 Views)

Hi sean,

See the following link. 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7FF79722720AEE488625759B0074A2CA

Greeting from India,
Malhar
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,557 Views)

Hi Malhar,

Is your link relevant given that I don't see the Data Dictionary Error Detected message at all?  We haven't installed any new software on that machine

or changed anything recently.

Thanks,

Sean

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,545 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sean m

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the NI Forums!

Malhar's suggestion is probably on the right track. It is likely that you have a MAX Database Corruption. One of the main signs that this has occured is that when a "plus" sign that would normally be clicked to expand that menu is clicked, the plus sign dissapears. I noticed in your screen shot that the plus sign next to Devices and Interfaces is gone. 

The best document to look at would actually be the knowledgebase called What is the Process For Removing MAX Database Corruption?

This procedure is a little long and slightly tedious. Please be careful to follow the steps exactly so the procedure works. Please post back if you have any questions. Have a great day!

Regards,
Margaret Barrett
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Digital Multimeters and LCR Meters
Message 4 of 5
(3,527 Views)

Thanks, following the advice in that technote did solve the problem, it looks like my device database got corrupted somehow.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,514 Views)