LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mass compile operation keeps on looping

hi,

when i do  a mass compile on my  project ,  it keeps on looping  during a save operation

and it does that may be a 50 times & eventually  ends also without error.

the curent file remains the same

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,768 Views)

I've only seen this in projects in which I use LVOOP, I suspect that the whole class is reloaded and recompiled for each of its VI's call or something like that ; maybe though I'm just plain wrong (like often).

Anyway, whatever the reason is, it's pretty annoying and make me think twice before I mass compile a project.

I do consider posting an idea to improve the mass compile function.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 2 of 11
(3,761 Views)

Just as TiTou said: it looks like recompiling each VI which depend on any class hierarchy makes LV recompile each VI of this hierarchy, and then each VI of this class makes recompilation of each other VI, etc... As a workaround you can try closing the project and mass compile project folder from Tools->Advanced menu. I noticed this does not loop as much as there are not all dependencies loaded, but there are many more factors to this (i.e. how you managed libraries and classes dependencies). Furthermore, this might not give you exactly the same effect as mass compiling the project (same reason - not all dependencies are loaded).

Message 3 of 11
(3,756 Views)

Good catch!

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,748 Views)

ya u guys r right

I am using LVOOP    in this project

any solution or workaround  in sight

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,726 Views)
Hi, Maybe you have to change the instances of the class throughout your VIs. This is a time-intensive process, but there is no way to change all of the instances with one click of a button. The officially recommended process of renaming a LabVIEW class is listed here ( http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvhowto/renaming_files/ ). Because LabVIEW is such a high-level language, renaming files in Windows Explorer may lead to dependency issues. Regards, Julika Spitz
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,585 Views)

How exactly changing the names of the classes would help in this case? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,475 Views)

Sometimes this can solve problems, which occur when mass compiling, but musn't be the solution to this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,448 Views)

hi aparab,

Have you found a solution to this problem?If so, can you let me know

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(1,935 Views)

hii there,

i have changed my job 2 times in between so cannot give you a concrete reply.

I think with new tststand versions it should work.

best,

akshay

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(1,901 Views)