LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping of line/port (Physical Channel constant) to pfi (Terminal Constant)

Hello all,
I am using "Dev1/port0/line4" (Physical channel constant) of my PXI-6602 as a digital input.

Additionally I have set up a counter on that board. I need to arm this counter after the occurrence of an edge on
"Dev1/port0/line4". But the property node only accepts "Dev1/PFIx" (Terminal Constants) as inputs.

I try to avoid defining two constants within my program that practically map to the same physical pin.

What is the best way of converting a "Physical channel" name to a "Terminal Name" ?

Grüße
Phili
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,715 Views)
I am struggling with this issue as well.  I would like to identify if PFI0 is an output terminal.  However, I am only able to list the counter outputs as port0/line0, port0/line1, etc using COPhysicalChannels.  On some cards, PFI0 is port1/line1, on other cards, it is in a different spot.  How can I identify on which cards I may use PFI0 as a start trigger output?

Thanks,
Nick

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,583 Views)
I developed a workaround for my specific application (by trapping the error when the card is configured, checking the error code, then modifying the task appropriately), but I still believe a utility method should be provided for this purpose.

Thanks,

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,566 Views)
Having faced the same problem, I think I can say why there is no mapping.
Channels are for data aquistion, so actually a DAC, ADC, DO-Driver ...
Terminals are used for timing (trigger) and internally routed. So a diffrent concept, and a diffrent circuit.
Actually the same goes if you use analog triggering, you will have a different ADC (I found out because I got only 10-bit on a 18-bit M Series Device).

Felix
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,557 Views)