LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping labview variables to teststand sequence context variables

hi,

how can i map variables from a vi (which is loaded in a test sequence in teststand) to teststand sequence context variables ?

if my question is not clear enough then plz let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,836 Views)

Hi,

First of all, there's a testStand dedicated forum. You should post there to get more answers.

Second, I'm not sure what you are calling "sequence context variables". what are you trying to achieve?

regards,

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,828 Views)

so should i post it in teststand forum or can continue here ?

by "sequence context variables" i mean variables in teststand ( like Locals , RunState , etc...)

actually the thing is i have a vi to get input from user (which i've loaded in teststand as a step, call this sequence file as "S"), i need to store those inputs in teststand variables by accessing sequence context of S in labview (i've created corresponding variables in teststand).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,825 Views)

You can access TestStand variables from within LabVIEW using the sequence context but it needs some programming.

maybe, the best way to do what I think you're trying to do is pass the output of your LabVIEW VI directly to a TestStand Local variable (in the module adapter)

you may find this usefull: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/323435a.pdf   Sequence context p.34

Rodéric L
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,823 Views)

thanks Roderic

I tried doing wt u said, it worked  but i wanted to know the programming method. Can u help ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,820 Views)

Sure I can help!

You can use either method:

Rodéric L
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,802 Views)