LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make selectable the disabled items of a ring

Hello,

I have a ring with some disabled items and I would like to make them selectable, is it possible?

Thanks,

ToNi.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,032 Views)
NO.
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,030 Views)
"NO. "

????????

Just write an empty array to the "DisabledItems" property to enable all items.

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 09-13-2007 07:41 AM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 9
(4,013 Views)
I think that the NO means that a disabled item can't be selectable. You have to enable the item to make it selectable.
Therefore the importance of wording correctly a question to get a useful answer.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 4 of 9
(4,003 Views)
Hi,

First of all sorry for my bad explanation. I'll try to explain you better.

Well, I have a Dialog ring, and the user selects items. Each time the user select an item, that item become disabled. But, I would like to do the following: I would like, the user could select the disabled item and make it enabled in run time, but I know this is not possible to select a disabled item.... but I need to do something like this, something that allows user to enable a disabled item in order to select it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance to everybody,

ToNi
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,963 Views)
Well, as you figured out the purpose of "disabled" is to prevent an entry from being selected. Depending on the specifics, you have a few options, e.g.:
Make one ring entry "enable disabled items" which would trigger Bens's code when selected.

To surgically re-enable only one entry, things get a bit more complex. Do you really want to disable the items are are you just looking for a visual cue that an entry has been selected before? In this case you might be able to use a listbox where you could change the font to grey for entries that have already been processed once when double-clicked. Another double-click could revert them back to black.

Attached is a simple draft (8.0). Modify as needed.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,957 Views)
Hi,

Sorry but I use LabVIEW 7.0 Express, so could you attach it in LV7 Express please?

Thanks,

ToNi.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,913 Views)

Ben,

Jean Pierre exactly said what I meant. Smiley Happy

ToNi,

You cannot do what Altenbach has suggested because the Active Row property is not available even in LV 7.1... Smiley Sad

Moreover, the Mouse Down event does not get fired when clicked on a disabled item of a ring.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,896 Views)
Hi ToNi,
you may use a listbox manipulating the item symbols, see the attached example in LV 7.1.
Please note that many other symbols are available.
Hope this helps.
Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,889 Views)