LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvsbutilx error creating cin

All seems to work well until the last script is run convert the .tmp to a .lsb. Does cin creation work in Tiger using XCode 2.1? I can create a dll and use it in LabVIEW but this cin problem is ruining my learning process. Learnig has come to a hault. Has anyone experienced and solved this problem in Mac OS X? Here is what happens:

=== Script ===
#!/bin/sh
CODE_RESOURCE="`echo $PRODUCT_NAME|sed 's,\.tmp$,,'`";
CODE_RESOURCE_SUBDIR="./$PRODUCT_NAME Intermediates/$PRODUCT_NAME.bundle/Contents/MacOS/";

"$LABVIEW_PATH/cintools/lvsbutilx" -c "$CODE_RESOURCE" -d "$CODE_RESOURCE_SUBDIR";

mv "$CODE_RESOURCE_SUBDIR$CODE_RESOURCE.lsb" "$CODE_RESOURCE.lsb";
--- Output ---
FTextToPath error: 7
/Applications/National Instruments/LabVIEW 7.1/cintools/lvsbutilx: error building resource file: 7
mv: rename ./test project.tmp Intermediates/test project.tmp.bundle/Contents/MacOS/test project.lsb to test project.lsb: No such file or directory
=== Exit code: 1 ===
...failed PhaseScriptExecution /Users/radams/Desktop/test project/test project.tmp Intermediates/test project.build/Deployment/test project.build/BPTag006-script.sh ...

I am actually using 7.1.1 even though the LabVIEW folder says 7.1.
בובי
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,658 Views)

CIN creation should work just fine in Tiger. I've linked a post here that contains a link to instructions on the process of creating CINs on the Mac as well as a caveat about file paths in XCode. It could be that this file path issue is causing the trouble that you're having.

Kind Regards,

E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,649 Views)
I saw nothing about the file name caveat but did set up the file names for the project and path so there was no space in a filename. all seems well until the build error using lvsbutilx which returns a 7 as you can see from my orignal post. I have no problem using dll's.
בובי
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,645 Views)

The file path caveat I was talking about is mentioned in the last post of the forum I linked before. Error 7 is, in fact, a "file cannot be found" error, so be sure to make the same adjustments mentioned in that post!

Kind Regards,

E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,645 Views)
After a day of pushups using Xcode 2.2 on Mac OSX 10.4.3 and the CIN templates from both LV 7 and 8, I am convinced the problem described by the original poster back in August is real, and is contained in the Xcode template.  Using the following steps:

1) In Xcode, create a new CIN project from the LV 7 or 8 cintools template.
2) If the LabVIEW paths are set correctly, the two libraries will be black, not red (the normal case).
3) Build the project, using the dummy CINsource.c provided by the template.

The build will fail with the file not found error:

mv: rename ./newcin.tmp Intermediates/newcin.tmp.bundle/Contents/MacOS/newcin.lsb to newcin.lsb: No such file or directory

This piece of the build script is looking for the generated bundle, which from the error message is "./newcin.tmp Intermediates/newcin.tmp.bundle".  However, on disk the bundle path is actually "./newcin.tmp Intermediates/Development/newcin.tmp.bundle".  So the script fails because it can't find the bundle.

Lastly, if you examine the bundle contents at this point, the only file inside is named "newcin.tmp", not "newcin.lsb".

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,573 Views)
Hi - I just noticed this posting and wanted to add my two cents. For December 2006.

I'm running OS 10.4.8, using XCode 2.4 and after finding very little currently accurate information I thought I'd post my success and the steps it took to get a valid .lsb file for LabView 8.2

Quit XCode
In the location /Library/Application Support/Apple/Developer Tools/Project Templates/LabVIEW Templates
I dragged the stuff from /Applications/National Instruments/LabVIEW 8.2/cinTools/XCode Files/CIN 8.2
(it may have already been installed there by the 8.2 installer though)

Now, it seems that the template for 8.2 isn't quite right. There are 3 parts that point to a 8.0 files.

got to /Library/Application Support/Apple/Developer Tools/Project Templates/LabVIEW Templates/CIN 8.2

Open the file CINTemplate.xcodeproj

When the Project window opens, you see all of the associated files.

CINSource.c
CoreFoundation.framework
extcode.h
liblabviewcin.a
liblvexports.a
PROJECTNAME.tmp.bundle

select "extcode.h" and hit Applekey-I (or CTRL click) for "GetInfo".
Here's where I saw the problem. Mine was pointing to the 8.0/cintools
Click the "Choose..." button, and re-navigate to /Applications/National Instruments/LabVIEW 8.2/cintools/extcode.h
Close the "Get Info" window

Do the same steps for the files: liblabviewcin.a and liblvexports.a

Make sure all three have the path to the 8.2 cintools!

Once you do this, it should fix the template.
Quit XCode - changes to the template should be saved automatically

Open XCode, create a new CIN 8.2 type project and see how it goes.

Worked for me - fixed all the odd script errors in the build.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,416 Views)
Jason,

This was reported to R&D (# 44BD4AG0) for further investigation. Thanks for the feedback and the workaround!

Doug M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
For those unfamiliar with NBC's The Office, my icon is NOT a picture of me 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,402 Views)