LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvlib Add Options

I have a bunch of VI under a particular lvlib.  I thought I would organize the VIs a little, so I created multiple lvlibs under the original lvlib and organized my VIs according.  Then, I realized that under the add option, there are file, folder (snapshot), and hyperlink.  I am most interested in the folder (snapshot).  What does snapshot means?  What you explain each options a little?

Is it true that I probalby should create one lvlib and multiple folder (snapshot) under the lvlib to organize my VIs, instead of create multiple lvlibs under one lvlib?  Thanks!

Yik

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,922 Views)

yik

yup yik,

jyang72211 wrote:

I have a bunch of Vs

Iinterested in the folder (snapshot).  What does snapshot means?  What you explain each options a little?

Is it true that I probalby should create one lvlib and multiple folder (snapshot) under the lvlib to organize my VIs, instead of create multiple lvlibs under one lvlib?  Thanks!

Yik

No- I cannot explain each snap-shot too you, and really- why would you want this!!!   your posts show that you CAN use the LV:help"

You CAN ask a better question than this one.... please do!  (Just a Grumpy old man)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,912 Views)

A snapshot 'add' option is used to easily import all the files (and sub-folders) into a LabVIEW library or project. The term 'snapshot' means that only the files currently in the folder will be added.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,904 Views)

Hi,

Grumpy - I guess it was a bad questions.  What I should have asked is what is the preferred way of organizing files in a lvib?  Can anyone shed some lights on this?

TC - thanks for explaining this.  If you add a fold snapshot (currently have 5 VIs in it) to the lvlib and later add 2 more VIs into the folder, the snap shot folder in the lvlib will still appear to contain the 5 VIs from the moment you created the lvib, and the 2 new files will not show up there, since the snap shot doesn't update the folder?

Yik

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,888 Views)

Hi Jeff,

On a side note, I tried to download the free code capture tool.  When I tried to open the vi for installation, the vi try to find a component, but it is unable to do so.  Becasue of this, I can't install the tool.  Can you help?

Yik

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,887 Views)
Sorry about that-  I was out of line Please accept my appologies

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,875 Views)

Jeff,

Not a problem.

Yik

Message 7 of 9
(3,861 Views)

jyang72211 wrote:

Hi Jeff,

On a side note, I tried to download the free code capture tool.  When I tried to open the vi for installation, the vi try to find a component, but it is unable to do so.  Becasue of this, I can't install the tool.  Can you help?

Yik

jyang,

could you sent a screenshot of the search for the missing component?

Have you extracted the all contents of the zip-file to a folder?

What LabVIEW version on what platform are you on?

Thanks,

Ton (CCT-developer)

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,837 Views)

Hi,

You were right.  I just didn't unzip the file.  Thanks!

Yik

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,793 Views)