LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.lvib / .llb / .lvilp Which one to choose and how to organize it?

Solved!
Go to solution
Highlighted

As a followup to the TCP application based thought, which I realise might not be so clear, you could then distribute examples (using save for previous) as source code in 2011 which could be used/copied from in your clients' code (assuming they're ok with that kind of thing).

 

It's still not ideal, but if you're out of other options it's a possibility. 


GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 32
(215 Views)
Highlighted

@VinnyLaTaupe wrote:

Hmmm I didn't know that nope. that is actually a big issue as I only have 2019 and I don't believe my company will be keen in buying other licenses for multiple versions ...


Your 2019 license will also work for 2011.  You can use any previous version of LabVIEW with a license for whatever version you are licensed for.


GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 22 of 32
(211 Views)
Highlighted

So I don't know yet which version they have, but if I can't build in a previous version, then I might also just end up giving them a zip file of the lvlib in whatever version they have

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 32
(210 Views)
Highlighted

Ah good to know! Then problem solved 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 32
(209 Views)
Highlighted

Hi again.

 

Quick question in term of good practice to develop my library, I think I'm not doing it very good:

I have a USB to CAN converter that came with a (not really good) labview API. 

At first I simply imported it in my general library, but as I've done some changes to it and thinking that I might have to re-use the same hardware later, I thought it would be a good idea to actually have my own library "usb2can.lvlib" that I could re-use in other projects. So I just converted the owning folder to a library.

 

In the end I have created a library inside the original lib, and not sure if shouldn't have created it aside and then import it.

 

VinnyLaTaupe_0-1600244776082.png

 

Can you advise me on the best practice to follow?

Thanks,

Vincent,

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 32
(171 Views)
Highlighted

To change the hierarchy you can just drag'n'drop it so it's outside the other library.

I don't know if it's a big issue to have libs in libs, but if you plan to build this lib to a lvlibp you should probably detach it.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! ADDQ VIPM Now on GitHub
"Only dead fish swim downstream" - "My life for Kudos!" - "Dumb people repeat old mistakes - smart ones create new ones."
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 26 of 32
(168 Views)
Highlighted

@VinnyLaTaupe wrote:

VinnyLaTaupe_0-1600244776082.png

 

Can you advise me on the best practice to follow?


Probably not what you mean, but...

 

A library containing a type def + some VIs == class

 

Take the step to real OO, you're already faking it.

Message 27 of 32
(163 Views)
Highlighted

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

 

Probably not what you mean, but...

 

A library containing a type def + some VIs == class

 

Take the step to real OO, you're already faking it.


Uuuf one step at a time ^^

I'll try to manage a library and a general development architecture properly (nothing exists in my company atm) with the knowledge I already have before getting into LOOP 😄

Message 28 of 32
(154 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

To change the hierarchy you can just drag'n'drop it so it's outside the other library.

I don't know if it's a big issue to have libs in libs, but if you plan to build this lib to a lvlibp you should probably detach it.


Yep so I don't necessarily plan to have build it, but eventually to source it. So I think I'll detach it and import it from somewhere else. Luckily I'm still at the beginning of the development ofmy lib, so it won't be too much work managing all this.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 32
(152 Views)
Highlighted

@VinnyLaTaupe wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

 

Probably not what you mean, but...

 

A library containing a type def + some VIs == class

 

Take the step to real OO, you're already faking it.


Uuuf one step at a time ^^

I'll try to manage a library and a general development architecture properly (nothing exists in my company atm) with the knowledge I already have before getting into LOOP 😄


Ironically, 'we' use OO because it's easier.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 32
(150 Views)