LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvalarms.dll 7.1.0.27 crash

I have the same problem as reported here, but under LabView 7.1, lvalarms.dll v. 7.1.0.27 on a Windows XP system, SP3, Intel Pentium D 3.2 GHz Dual Core processor.

My application uses one timed loop and - parallel to it - one while-loop. The same crash occurs irregularly, but frequently in the development environment as well as in the built application.

Is there any patched version of the lvalarms-module available for LabView 7.1 available?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,065 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,049 Views)
Thanks, I already found this page. Since I'm using LabView 7.1, I'm not able to assign processors in a timed loop.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,042 Views)
see this too. (though for 8.0)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,017 Views)

It is not the problem that the lvalarms.dll is not found, but that sometimes labview just crashes, mentioning lvalarms.dll as the source of the problem.

I could now avoid the problem (hopefully) by replacing the timed loop with a while loop and using the "wait until next ms multiple"-vi to control timing of the loop. I let the program run overnight without crashing, so I hope it is fine now.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,011 Views)

Hi chaschper,

"LVALARMS.DLL is mostly responsible for timing and timed loops in LabVIEW, which is probably where this crash is occuring"

"hyperthreading ... has been known to cause issues with tightly timed LabVIEW 7.1 programs. I would recommend trying disabling it (you will need to go into the computer's BIOS to do this, usually by pressing F1 or F2 while the computer is booting). If that doesn't help, then I would recommend installing the LabVIEW 7.1.1 patch, which addresses a number of intermittant crashes which may be related to what you are seeing. The patch is located here:

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/6C5F342A4AF4EF8986256F5400693C3B?Opendocument

Note that the patch requires a mass compile in order to be effective, and this could take upwards of an hour or two"

Replacing the Timed Loop with a While Loop should help too.

With best regards,

Ralf N.

Message Edited by ralfn on 03-02-2010 06:29 AM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,001 Views)