From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lv 8.5 bug or dsc 8.5 bug

I've created a dsc 8.5 project with thousands of shared variables distributed in 12 libraries. Every shared variables has the description parameter enabled (the description beeing a string meaning an index number in the system).
 A vi register the shared variables for event structure (data updated event). When the shared variable has data updated event the description of that shared variable is read through property node. In labview development system everything works fine, but when the application is built the property node return empty string every time for every shared variable.
cosmin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,721 Views)
Hi cosmin,

I get the error, "Error -1967362020 occurred at Property Node...The provided refnum is invalid," when I try to run it in an executable. Do you receive the same results? Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,647 Views)

Hi,

yes, I received that error on every read through property nodes

cosmin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,641 Views)
This was reported to R&D (# 4FTC7ETM) for further investigation. A possible workaround is to use extra Shared Variables to pass around the Description information. Thanks for the feedback!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,608 Views)
"This was reported to R&D (# 4FTC7ETM) for further investigation."

Thank you Mike!

You could not possibly be serious with that work-around (I hope).

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,598 Views)

Hi

the workaround for me is the use of variant datatype for shared variable and description as an attribute

cosmin

Message 6 of 7
(7,587 Views)

cosmin wrote

the workaround for me is the use of variant datatype for shared variable and description as an attribute

Thank you!

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 12-01-2007 10:08 AM
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,526 Views)