LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

<osdatadir> change

LabVIEW has a few symbolic paths defined such as <osdatadir>.

I can define a new default data directory in the options, but somewhere in the system, <osdatadir> still points to the old directory.

I want to move my LabVIEWData folder froma network drive to my local drive to speed things up a bit.  Problems arise with the icon editor because it uses the <osdatadir> path which still points to the network drive but no longer contains my glyphs......

So how can I change the <osdatadir> directory of my LabVIEW installation?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,392 Views)

I'm getting the impression that this link is fixed.  I think changing the pertinent part of the icon editor will be easier for me.

Are there other LV parts which will still be pointing to my LabVIEW Data folder ont he network when I do this?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,376 Views)

Never mind, After looking at the source code for the icon editor I realised what's going on.

I just need to give the editor more time to fill the glyph list and re-create the Glyphs.bin.  It takes about 5 minutes on my machine, I have a lot of extra Glyphs.

While the editor is doing this, is displays the OLD settings (from the last time it ran).  I think it really should blank out the data or display the fact that the Glyph index is being re-created.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,366 Views)