cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost all VISA aliases cRIO 9074

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi again,

I deleted the visa aliases for the cmodules in MAX and they die not come back after complete new Labview install. But I need them to access all the ports on my cmodules.

Rearranging them on the cRIO does not bring them back, delete and update view in MAX does not work. Edit visaconf.ini does not work.

Any other ideas?

cRIO 9074, NI 9870 and 9871

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,461 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steffen01

make new empty project. Put cRio in and c modules in question. Deploy c modules. Go to MAX, refresh. Alas, aliases are back.

Message 2 of 13
(3,432 Views)

actually it did not work. Next time I deploy the modules, all the aliases disappear.

Re-installed MAX and never VISA, no luck

the bits that say ASRL6::INSTR for instance to be more precise

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,410 Views)

Hi Steffen01,

I'm not sure of a way to recover NI MAX settings if they were modified and not backed up. Is that a good understanding of your situation? You had VISA aliases set in NI MAX, deleted them, and now want to recover them? You were correct to look at the visaconf.ini file.

To edit them again, you can do that with the VISA Alias Utility in NI MAX. You can read more about NI-VISA Aliases to modify your aliases again. Let me know how that works for you!

Thanks,

Timothy D.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,397 Views)

Hi Timothy,

I give it a try. Could it be because of Windows 10? I am running Labview 14.0 on a Windows 10 laptop, and seems Windows 10 I need LV15 at least

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/52818/en/

Pretty much I migrated from a Windows 7 PC to a Windows 10 Laptop and replaced the Comsoft with a Kunbus profibus module. When I reimage the cRio with the RAD module, the aliases are back. But then I have to redeploy the C modules (9870 and 9871) and the aliases disappear again.

I suppose I better wind it back to Windows 7

cheers,

Steffen

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,389 Views)

Steffen01,

When you load the cRIO image using the RAD utility, you are setting up the software as you had it before (including the aliases). When you deploy your configuration using LabVIEW, you re-write the way the cRIO is configured. Therefore, I would expect the Aliases to go away when this happens.

How do they look like in NI MAX, under the cRIO's Devices and Interfaces section? Can we have a screenshot? If change the Aliases there do you see changes?

On another note, you are correct. Windows 10 is just supported from LabVIEW 2015 SP1 and upwards.

Let us know your results.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,362 Views)
Hi Oscar, I installed Windows 7. For now it seems ok, but I am cautiously optimistic. Things just went worse after complete LV re-install in Windows 10. Cheers, Steffen
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,359 Views)

Keep us in the loop, Steffen. Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,357 Views)

just where are they stored in the cRIO?

I deployed some modules on a 9035, now the aliases on the 9074 are gone again. Both cRIOs I used the same host PC to set them up. So I suppose each cRIO should have its own host PC and thats it.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/multiple-visa-aliases/td-p/1181439

I have to look at this.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,328 Views)

find modules.gif

this seems to do the trick

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,296 Views)