LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lookup table with interpolation

I am looking for a 1D lookup table with interpolation for the points in between the ref points. I was wondering if there is anything for that in labview basic. I found "Lookup Table 1D Function" but it needs "Control Design and Simulation Module" to be purchased. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(9,288 Views)

Example 1 :Use Interpolate array with an input of an array of points (clusters of xy pairs). <<<recommended.

Example 2 :Combine threshold array (on array of x-values) with iterpolate array (on array of y values)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(9,286 Views)

Thanks for the response.

The second example looks easier for me to use. But the data I am gathering (here will be X) is coming from DAQ (N samples or continuous samples) which is dynamic data and the threshold 1D array block takes data type for the "threshold y". 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(9,276 Views)

Can you show us some simplified actual code?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(9,270 Views)

I have not insert the X and Y arrays yet. But here is how it looks like:

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(9,267 Views)

What kind of data are you acquiring with your DAQ assistant?  Is it a single data point?  The Threshold/Interpolatearray method can only work on one data point at a time.

What you need to do is convert the blue dynamic data type wire to something usable as quickly as possible.  Look at the From DDT express VI to convert the blue wire to a scalar so that you can wire it into the array functions.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(9,249 Views)

It's the voltage of the thermistor. So supposedly should not change that much.

What I want to do is to turn a motor and get data from the motor and do some analysis on that. So I don't need to do these real time.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(9,221 Views)

I am also trying to find how to add X and Y arrays, like the ones in the picture. but I cannot find it!! 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(9,198 Views)

@Baran wrote:

I am also trying to find how to add X and Y arrays, like the ones in the picture. but I cannot find it!! 

Drop array container from array palette.  Drop a numeric constant onto block diagram.  Drag into array container.

Creating an array is a basic LabVIEW skill.  I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(9,196 Views)
You can also right-click any existing array wire, array terminal, or array connector followed by "create constant". This is often faster. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(9,188 Views)