LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for a labview virtual instrument program we can modify

Hi, I’m looking for a canned labview virtual instrument program we can modify for the OMB DAQ 55 from Omega to measure three temps and control three DO.  I have the driver at:ftp://ftp.omega.com/public/DASGroup/products/OMB-DAQ5455&56/ The driver is labviewpdaq5xsetup.exe. I have the OMB DAQ 55 from http://www.omega.com/pptst/OMB-Daq55.html  with a USB interface. I am trying to set it up to control a 24V electric valve. I’d like it to measure temperatures (5 separate temps), allow a set point to be programmed for three of them and turn on and off a DO based on the temperature. PID is not required yet. Maybe in the future… We have labview 7.1 and 8.0 but my colleague prefers 7.1  Do you have an labview VI programs that you can share that will do this with the DAQ 55? If you have something that will be close, we can modify it. But starting from scratch will likely mean we can not get this done in time for a project test. Simple set point and control is all I’m looking for… I’m new (my colleague knows it better than me, but has less time) to labview and do not have the resources to learn it from scratch to figure this out. Is there something you have I could modify? Can you help. Or are there canned programs you have that will do this? Labview is the preferred language. Thanks. Attached is what Omega shared with us, it might help…it’s a screen capture from a similar program, but far from the mark.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,267 Views)

Hi vestel,

These discussion forums are more geared for questions - not necessarily having everyone else code for you.

You have a few options if you want code.

1) Look at the shipping examples that come with LabVIEW.  This will give you a starting point from which to ask questions.

2) Look at the Instrument Driver Network that exits on National Instrument's Web site.  Here are all the Omega instrument drivers listed.

3) Look at the list of Alliance members who you can pay to develop your code for you.  Look here.

I hope this helps,

Kevin S.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,225 Views)