LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for a driver for the ANDO AQ6317 OSA

I am looking for a LABVIEW driver for the ANDO AQ6317 or AQ6317B OSA.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(7,618 Views)
Hi,

Have you checked the driver network on National Instrument's website? I'd look here to see if you can find anything. If there is nothing here, hopefully someone else who is familiar with the instruments will be able to give you something.

Hope this helps.

JenK
Message 2 of 11
(7,598 Views)

see this page:

http://www.shtengel.com/gleb/Labview.htm

It might be helpfulSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,489 Views)

Here are the drivers for this, they have been uplifted to Labview 8.2 and seem to work for the most part with LV 8.6

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,812 Views)

Thank you for providing the AQ6317 zip file.  Would you happen to know if this file works for the 2010 version of LabVIEW?  Version 10.0.1 (32 - bit)?  Whenever I try to run the example.vi file, I get the following error...

"Error -1073807346 occurred at VISA Read STB in AQ6317 Read Status.vi->AQ6317 Close.vi->AQ6317 Example.vi

Possible reason(s):

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF000E) The given session or object reference is invalid."

Anybody know what to do?

Thanks,

Leif

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,502 Views)
well, you have to select a valid resource name. Click on the drop down of the control and pick your instrument. if GPIB, you must do a scan for instruments first in MAX.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,500 Views)

I haven't tried them with 2010, but I did with 2009 so I think your fine. The other error you are getting seems like set up as the prior poster said. You need to look inside the code and debug as it runs, I seem to remember rewiring something on the block diagram to get it working. Its been a while.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,493 Views)

Error -1073807346 comes from AQ6317.Close.vi which contains a subVI VISA GPIB Control REN.vi  That subVI does not contain any code, just the inputs and outputs and nothing is wired.  It is supposed to assert or unassert the GPIB REN line.  Thus its VISA session input is not connected to its dup VISA session output and so the VISA session error is produced.  The subVI's default mode is to Go to Local (True).  Wiring in False will avoid the call to the subVI with the missing code and not produce the error.

Steve

Message 8 of 11
(5,360 Views)

Hi, Leif

I have the same problem you have met, could you please tell me how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Zhang

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,402 Views)

Hello,

thanks a lot for the vi linked by shredderofmass.

I got it working with our AQ6317 and Labview 2010. Some hints:

Before you are able to start the program, your AQ6317 needs to have a VISA adress and needs to be able to communicate with your pc. To check this, use the NI Automation and Measurement (NI Max). You can change the VISA adress of the AQ6317 by pushing the "System" button and then MY ADR.

If your Ando is not found by the NI MAX, switch it off and on again. If you plug in the connection to the computer while the instrument is running, it does not seem to work.

The VI uses points as a decimal delimiter. If you are in europe and your pc uses kommas, nothing will work! You can change this in your Labview in "Options".

Thanks a lot to you all!

Best regards, Tina

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,305 Views)