LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

login(user ID and Password) to my VI

Hello,

Iam creating a vi with some parameters...........My VI consists of Tabs, now in home page user should enter user name and password...........and if it is success then the VI should give acess to all tabs......otherwise it should display that wrong password......there should be option to change password...........

I HAVE attached just an front panel......please go through and provide the solution......

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,357 Views)

Hi,

I don't have LV8.6, so I had to guess a bit, but here's what I'd suggest.

Use an Event structure to detect attempts to change tabs and a shift register to keep track of whether it's locked or not.  You should get the actual password from somewhere other than a constant on the block diagram, but this is the idea.  As for the option to change the password, I'd need to know where & how it's being stored.  It should be straightforward, though.

Have a good weekend.

Jim

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,344 Views)

You have no code to go through, so here a hint to the page access problem.

Go to the tab control on the FP and right click. Select create property "Pages". This is an array of references of the page selectors, these references can be used to set the "Page enbaled state".

Please try.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,328 Views)

sunil_v20 wrote:

Hello,

I HAVE attached just an front panel......please go through and provide the solution......

Thank you

andree wrote:

You have no code to go through, so here a hint to the page access problem.

This wouldn't be the first time.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,321 Views)