LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lock buttons to a background image

Hello everyone a few questions, i created a background image like the one i added into the post since the program im making have 3 steps i would like to put each step into one of the boxes of the background image and i want them to stay in that area always! 

I have set a max workarea that fits the background however if i maximize the window all the graph and bolean and what not moves im pretty sure its (or well i hope) a simple fix i just cant get them to stay where i put them lock them down so to speak hope you understand what im trying to say  thanks

niboard1.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,695 Views)

I'm not quite sure what you want to achieve.  One thing you can do, if your "background" consists of Decorations (such as a Raised Box) is to put the Controls and Indicators you want on each box, then select them all (the single Decoration and its controls) and use the fourth "Formatting button" on the Toolbar (the one labelled "Reorder") and "Group" the elements.  Now, when they move, they will move as a unit, and the Controls will retain their position on the Decoration.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,687 Views)

I i want to lockdown all buttons and graph on the spot i put them and lock down the option of them to move around if i resize the window size 

Ex  i fixate the workarea to 1500x800px if i then resize the window i dont want the buttons to move around i want them to stay put if i make the window small i want the buttons to be non visable ea you have to have the 1500x800px to se the entire program

im i making any sense ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,679 Views)

It sounds like you have turned autoscaling on the front panel on. Open the VI properties (File>>VI Properties) and select the Window Size tab. I suspect the Scale all objects on front panel as the window resizes checkbox is checked. Uncheck it (it is not checked by default). It if is already unchecked, then you probably need to use VI server to actively set positions on your front panel when the VI resizes. All front panel objects can be moved around on the front panel using VI server properties (Position). Trigger the action using the Panel Resize event in an event structure.

If you have a lot of objects, using VI server to move things around can get very tedious. An alternate approach is to break your front panel into panes using splitter bars (which you can hide by making them transparent). But your individual groups.

There is an enormous amount of information on how to handle resizing front panels in these forums. Do a little digging and you will find a lot.

Message 4 of 4
(2,673 Views)