From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locating .net assembly

Hello,

I am trying to interface with a label printer and I am struggling to find the constructor node and the assembly it is located at.

I installed the SDK and looked at the SDK documentation and it does not specify in which DLL the constructor is located.

Their example is in C# and the C# code uses the following syntax

using Dymo; 
(...)

public DymoAddInClass DymoAddIn;
		public DymoLabelsClass DymoLabels;

(...)
			DymoAddIn = new DymoAddInClass();
			DymoLabels = new DymoLabelsClass();

I know the constructor is accessible from Labview but the list of Dymo assemblies is so extensive that a manual search will take a while.

My question is : is there any tool/software that I can use to locate a constructor node :

Untitled.png

in this case, I am trying to locate the dymoAddInClass constructor which another member of this forum is using in this example. unfortunately, he is only sharing a picture, not the actual VI.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Dymo-SetGraphicsAndBarcodePrintMode-function/td-p/2731375

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,332 Views)

Typically the SDK documentation should tell you what assembly a class is located in and normally there is a 1:1 relationship between a namespace and assembly filename (though not apparently in this case).

There appears to be 11 likely candidates - the simplest option would be to select each in turn to find which one contains the class you need. It might only take a few minutes. LabVIEW doesn't contain a way of "finding" a class in an set of assemblies.

Alternatively, if the SDK contains an example project in Visual Studio, you can look at that project to see what assemblies it references to narrow down the list of suspects or take advantage of Visual Studio's find capabilities to go to the assembly that implements the class.

There are also tools that allow you to peek into the contents of an assembly which you could also use independently of Visual Studio or LabVIEW (such as the free dotPeek here).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,321 Views)