cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loading dynamic vi

Solved!
Go to solution

hello ni,

i made a simple data acquisition customized visualization, here i made a main vi under this i will load my control, graphs using templates. what happends here is.. when i load this template then i click on the main panel  the template vi's are get minimized. if i did separate vi panel then it was not get minimize...........

i want to load my dynamic vi template with in the main vi, and i can able to click on the main panel so, the dynamic vi should not get minimize...

can you suggest me ....... 

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,631 Views)

They are not getting minimized. They are going behind the main VI. I would suggest making the subVIs "floating" via the Window Appearance options.

Other comments:

• You have no mechanism for stopping the spawned subVIs if you press the Exit button on the main VI.
  • The timeout on the main VI's event structure is unnecessary. Leave it unwired, and create a "Value Change" event for the Exit button.
  • Be careful about using the Current VI's Path function.
Message 2 of 4
(2,604 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Balaji_DP

thank you,

then, when i open the each vi... it shows in taskbar.. i want to hide the template vi.... but it show the main vi...

how to do this? 

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,578 Views)

I don't quite understand what you're asking. The template VI is not being shown. A new copy of the template is created and you get a new VI. What do you mean by hide? Do you mean hide its window? Also, I don't understand by "show the main VI". Show the main VI what?

Also, I don't understand why you marked your question as the solution. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,557 Views)