LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lmutil - is it possible to get it for NI licenses?

We use lmutil to get program usage data using our monitoring software on out other licensed software.  
I see posts from 2009 saying it is available but we do not have a copy of it with our NI license files.
Was it removed?  Is there a compatible version of it that is available?

Is there a way for a separate program to get current license usage for the NI programs via the VLM?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(729 Views)

I guess lmutil is part of FLEXlm (that what google search returned), in that case you need the FLEXlm version of VLM instead of NI's own VLM.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(724 Views)

NI's version is based on FlexLM, although I'm pretty sure they use an older version than what Flexera (the final owner of FlexLM) currently sells.

But a lot of the infrastructure around the FlexLM core is NI proprietary and I kind of doubt that standard FlexLM tools will still simply work with it.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(671 Views)

I have not been able to get a verification from NI support that the command I need is part of their LM package.
Finding them very unuseful.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(587 Views)