From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lmaqdx attributes

Hel

I'm using a Stingray F125 camera and I'm running it through labview with IMAQdx. The camera's technical manual lists some attributes (shutter time, exposure time) that I cannot access through labview. I've used the "IMAQdx Enumerate Attributes.vi" to make sure I am not missing anything, and they are indeed not listed there. These settings are also not available in MAX. Is there some way to work around this? I'd like to be able to call the registers listed in the manual and adjust their settings but IMAQdx does not seem to allow for these. Is there anyway to be able to list/alter these attributes?

Thanks!

P.S., In case it is useful, this is a Firewire camera and I also cannot access these attributes using Legacy IMAQ1394

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,504 Views)

I'm assuming that you have IMAQdx installed.  I have both a USB and Ethernet camera on my PC.  When I open MAX, it shows NI-IMAQdx Devices, and when I click on a Camera, the right-hand pane populates, with tabs on the bottom that say "Camera Information, Acquisition Attributes, Camera Attributes, Bayer Color".

The first question is does your camera "show up" at all in MAX?  If it's a FireWire camera, this might be an issue.  I have a colleague who has a FireWire "something", and does lots of video -- he's not in today (we're experiencing a blizzard), but I can check if he is able to see cameras on FireWire ...

If your camera does not appear in MAX, then you may be "stuck".  I don't have much experience with FireWire and LabVIEW -- is there some "magic" that you need to do to enable a FireWire port (similar to what you do to let LabVIEW "see" Ethernet ports)?

If your camera does appear, what do you see in the right-hand pane?  Are you able to Snap and Grab?

BS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,462 Views)

Surprisingly I am able to do all of these. All the attributes listed in MAX are listed in Labview, and I can take images, build and execute simple vi's, all without any issue. The only problem I'm struggling with is that neither MAX nor Labview list allow me to access some registers listed in the manual

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,446 Views)

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.  It sounds like the Manufacturer is providing these registers through a "non-standard" (not that anything is standard) protocol.  Does the manufacturer have a Web Site or a Forum where you could ask how to get access to these registers?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,433 Views)

Yes, that is the perfect way to enumerate the issue. This is likely the best couse of action, I will try that. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,425 Views)